CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2009

From:
Arne K Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:49:28 -0400
If the antibodies available to you are purified and in sufficient
quantity and concentration (1 - 2 mg/mL), you can directly label the
antibodies covalently with an appropriate fluorophore.  Fluorophore
conjugate, or labeling kits are available through Invitrogen:

*http://tinyurl.com/mwabcj

* Invitrogen also has strategies for labeling small quantities of
antibody non-covalently.  I haven't have very much luck with one such
kit, called Zenon, but the covalent labeling method has worked well for
me.  Directly labeled antibodies will certainly work for colacalization
studies; however, I'm not sure if  they would be appropriate for FRET.

Arne

--

__

Arne K Christensen

Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

USGS Conte Anadromous Fish Research Center
One Migratory Way, PO Box 796
Turners Falls, MA  01376

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (413) 863-3827