Subject:[mou-net] Common Moorhen +
From:Pastor Al Schirmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:37:36 -0600

This morning had a Common Moorhen on Sherburne NWR's Prairie Wildlife Auto
Tour, first pool (Big Bluestem) on the back portion of the tour, just past
the platform with the scope.  Watched for five minutes from my car in the

Had Yellow-headed Blackbirds there for the first time in nearly two years
(common in past); also may have heard a LeConte's in the meadow near the
major pool section of the the Auto Tour.

Saturday morning Nate & I toured Mille Lacs County a bit.  No startling
birds, but enjoyed 13 species of warblers and a surprising 20 Caspian Terns
along the lakefront (should be gone by now) among 86 species.  Last year we
did have a couple of Caspians into July, and I believe there is a recent
breeding record.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN