Subject:[mou-net] Spotted Towhee, Kittson County
From:Bob Dunlap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:23:53 -0600

This morning I found a male Spotted Towhee on the south side of Lake
Bronson State Park in Kittson County. The bird could be heard singing
from the locked gate that leads to the group campsite on the north
side of CR 10. Listen for a song that begins with two or three sharp
introductory notes followed by a faster, drier trill than an Eastern.
The bird was foraging in the trees and shrubs just north of the gate.
I have uploaded a photo of the bird to the "Recently Seen" page of the
MOU website.

I could find no other towhees in the park, but note that Eastern
Towhees are regularly seen in eastern Kittson County.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County