Subject:[mou-net] Red-throated Loons
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:49:16 -0600

I saw 5 adult Red-throated Loons swimming out in front of the bath house at Park Point recreational area.  The loons were drifting slowly towards Duluth.  The time of the sighting was about 8am.  These loons were no doubt the same loons that Peder Svingen reported on June 9th.  What is interesting is that last year Peder Svingen and a few other birders reported seeing Red-throated Loons off Park Point into late June.

I do have some photos off all 5 loons together and when I process them photos I will add them to recent sightings on the MOU website.

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota