Subject:[mou-net] Red-throated Loons relocated, Whimbrels; Yellow Rails @ McGregor Marsh
From:Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Jun 2009 02:25:05 -0600

I refound three of the Red-throated Loons Saturday afternoon, June 13 at around 3:00. One was straight out from Lafayette Square and the other two were just a little further down, towards the area of the boat house. ?Before finding the loons, I saw three Whimbrels from the Tot Lot (12th St). ?They were sauntering along the beach, paying little attention to people and dogs.

I finished my day at McGregor Marsh where I heard many Yellow Rails calling. ?Conditions were calm, with patchy fog. ?I heard them mainly on the east side of Hwy 65 at almost every place I stopped.

Linda Sparling?