Subject:[mou-net] Yellow-breasted Chat, Afton State Park
From:John Petroskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:18:39 -0600

My wife and I found a yellow-breasted chat at Afton State Park this
afternoon.  It was located in a tree about 50 feet north of the water
pump/firewood area, along the west side of the trail that runs through the
middle of the backpack campsites. It did not sing, but sat still in the
upper part of the tree for at least two minutes while we moved closer and
closer.
Lots of other birds too, including a scarlet tanager along the riverside
path below the trail center/parking lot area, flocks of cedar waxwings,
rufous-sided towhees, and many sparrows and meadowlarks along the prairie
trail loop.