Subject:[mou-net] Blue Grosbeak in Nicollet Cty still present
From:Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:55:39 -0600

I checked the abandoned gravel pit just SE of Courtland in Nicollet County and refound the previously posted Blue Grosbeak. ?He was fairly silent, it took some patience to find him, but I had a nice look at him in the poplars on the northwest ridge of the pit. ?There were numerous Lark Sparrows near the pit.

I listened for the Kentucky Warbler at Williams Nature Center with no luck. ?It's been awhile since anyone reported seeing or hearing him.

I found two Lark Sparrows in Scott County by the gas station at the NW corner of Hwy 169 and Hwy 41. ?There's a frontage road from Hwy 41 and the sparrows were by the Bank Swallow colony on the way to the station.

Linda Sparling