Subject:[mou-net] Brown Pelican still there
From:ronald huber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:41:19 -0600

The Brown Pelican was seen from 2:10PM until 2:30PM by the Huber brothers at the exact spot posted earlier by Chad Heins.  Someone had thoughtfully scraped a large arrow in the dirt road so we set up out 'scope there.  The pelican was asleep on the rock with the red and white buoy nearby.  We waited patiently until 2:25PM when the bird stood up, leisurely stretched both legs, raised both wings overhead (showing the pale longitudinal stripe along the underside of the wings), looked around, stuck his head back under his wing and went back to sleep.  Quite a show !  Thanks, Chad !
Ron Huber