Subject:[mou-net] Later or latest report on Brown Pelican
From:Forest Strnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:19:31 -0600

Greetings:

Dave Bartkey and I left Faribault about 4:00  this afternoon to go look for the Brown Pelican.

After wandering around Rice County and S.E. LeSueur Couonties, because of road construction, we got to the S. E. corner of German Lake.  We followed this all the way around the lake to the S. W. corner. Thanks to the reports of Chad Heins and Bob Ekblad we found the "Model Home for sale" sign and turned in on the road and ended up in the culdusak.  The road into the culdusak has many singns of where houses will be built and the house where we turned into the culdsack is numbered 47308.

I was surprised that there were so many trees to look through to find the white rock on which we saw the Brown Pelican at 5:40 p. m.  Dave first saw the Brown Pelican, a new species for him for Minnesota, standing on the rock.  When I looked through the scope it was laying down on the rock.  I wasn't sure, at first, that it was the Brown Pelican that I was seeing.

Another good day with a new species for Dave, and a new species for me for LeSueur County.  Supper sure tasted good when I got home.

Forest Strnad
Faribault, MN.