CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2009

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:35:18 +1000
Hi Holly,

you should be able to leach out the eosin with alchohol. I am not sure that your antigens are going to be very healthy after various treatments with alcohol, high and low pH buffers etc.

The other choice would be to bleach the eosin out with your mercury lamp. So it will still be there, just not fluorescent.

Good luck

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscpy Manager
Central Resource for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Insttue for Cancer Research
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050