Subject:Any falconers missing a hawk?
From:Liz Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:22:30 -0500

I was heading over to my credit union when I noticed a young red-tailed
hawk perched on a pole, with what appears to be a jess hanging from its
leg. This was near the Mall of America, on the road between U.S. Federal
Credit Union, and the train station parking garage. It was perched up on a
light post above the road, and I saw it fly down to the ground and back up
a couple of times. I wasn't 100% sure it was a jess, because I didn't have
my good binoculars with me, but whatever it was, it was long and thin, and
definitely attached to the hawk's leg. I watched it for a little while and
it seemed to be flying fine. Just thought I'd mention it, in case someone
was looking for their hawk. I called the Raptor Center, and they didn't
have any reports of a missing hawk.,-93.232985&sspn=0.010283,0.020406&ie=UTF8&radius=0.5&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=us+federal+credit+union&hnear=&ll=44.85599,-93.232985&spn=0.010283,0.020406&z=16

Liz Stanley
Bloomington, MN
Backyard weather and feedercam:
Photo gallery: