Subject:Ruby-throat
From:Jim Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:37:07 -0400

10-22-09
My yard

Just returned from 5-days in South Dakota and was surprised to have a female Ruby-throat at my feeder. I was able to get pretty good photos thru patio door that show worn, pointed primaries suggesting an adult. Will be interesting to see how many others late hummers are reported this season so keep track of those late dates and get photos if possible.

Also, a FOF Purple Finch was at the feeders today as well.

Jim Mattsson
Eagan