Subject:Rice County Sunday
From:Forest Strnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:50:46 -0700

Dave Bartkey and I checked Cannon Lake first. We had a nice
Greetings:

Dave Bartkey and I checked Cannon Lake first. We had a nice closeup look at a Horned Grebe.

Thee were many Ruddy Ducks, probaby over 175. Dave had hopes for  scoter but it didn't pan out to be that species. We moved to eastern Rice County looking for an Eurasian Collared Dove.  We saw/counted more thn 250 American Robins migrating. Cedar Waxwings were seen in many locations, numbering more than 100.  A  stop at  Nerstrand Woods State Park and were told that a Northern Shrike had been seen in the park that day.  We drove through the campgrounds looking for a Redheaded  Woodpecker. Dave spotted an adudlt Red Headed Woodpecker on the side of a tree, about 20 feet up from the ground. .He spotted a second adult flying over the top of the trees. On our way out of the campgrounds, Dave spotted a juvenile in the treetops.  A drive through the streets of  Nerstrand failed to produce an Eurasian Collared Dove.

  Forest Strnad