Subject:FW: Lake Byllesby, Dakota and Goodhue Cty
From:Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:06:16 -0500

  _____

From: Laura Coble [mailto:shearwater45@frontiernet.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:52 PM
To: 'mnbird@lists.mnbird.net'
Subject: Lake Byllesby, Dakota and Goodhue Cty

Today I checked Lake Byllesby between 4 and 5 pm.

Viewed at the boat ramp off Scotia Trail, Goodhue Cty:

Common Loon:  4 (seen and heard)
Ruddy Duck:  70
Bufflehead: 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler:  flocks
Belted Kingfisher 1 (heard)

Along Gerlach Way in Dakota Cty: 2 Pied-billed Grebes.
At least 90 Cedar Waxwings were hanging out in trees along the lake at the
Goodhue Cty Park near Cannon Falls.

The lake has been lowered enough so some beach and a few sandbars show, but
it isn't yet at the usual low winter depth yet.  From Lakeside Cemetery, the
lake appeared empty, and I didn't check the northwest side of the lake.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls