Subject:Jackson Co. raptors
From:Eric Harrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:45:14 -0700

Flushed a Short-eared Owl while pheasant hunting on a WMA between Lakefield and Okabena.

Had a Bald Eagle scavenging road-kill just east of Kilen Woods State Park, not a sight I necessarily expected to see, but not altogether surprising. I wonder how common this behavior is during migration and whether its incidence in MN is increasing as the population grows.

Eric Harrold
Windom, MN