Subject:Prothonotary Warbler refound
From:Bruce Fall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:26:45 -0500

The very late male Prothonotary Warbler reported earlier today (27
October) by Ruth Hiland was still at the same location at 5:30 p.m.
It was on the N side of the middle of the second boardwalk along the
trail SW from the Old Cedar Ave. Bridge parking lot (Bloomington,
Hennepin Co.). I had a close (10 m) view of the bird as it foraged on
the ground next to the boardwalk, but it was soon flushed by two
hikers; the warbler then flew farther N into the thicket and I was
unable to relocate it. This is surely one of the latest dates on
record in MN for this normally early-departing species. There was
also a lingering Tennessee Warbler in the same thicket.

Bruce A. Fall, S. Minneapolis