Subject:Kilen Woods today
From:Eric Harrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:02:29 -0700

Was taking my usual stroll through the park and encountered my first Hermit Thrush of the fall. Heard the faint call of Brown Creepers for the first time this year as well.

The mystery bird (sort of) for the day was a dark-morphed raptor that I initially pegged as Rough-legged. It did not exhibit hovering behavior and appeared to fly into the woods along the river's edge in the distance. I wouldn't think that Rough-leggeds would be inclined to fly into the woods. Hopefully I'll see it again in a day or two.

Eric Harrold
Jackson Co.