Subject:Changes in Meadowlands ( Sax Zim Bog )
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:13:45 -0700

Hello:

This pass summer the Country Market in Meadowlands is no longer in business.  The owner converted the building into rental apartments.  This was a known location for birders to purchase sub sandwiches and warm place to use the restrooms. All is not lost though as there are two other restaurants in town that would love to cater to out of town birders.

- Rocket Saloon which serves both breakfast and lunches and of course they will not mind birders to come in to use the restrooms
- Trailside Inn a new restaurant that is not located on CR 133 but is located kitty corner of the community center. To get to restaurant take CR 133 to Spruce Street and go pass the school on your left and take the first right turn and go 1/2 block and the restaurant is on your right.  They do not serve breakfast but they do serve a great lunch and dinner.

* I'll be meeting with the owners of the Trailside Inn Restaurant fairly soon and I will see if they can make sub sandwiches to take out for birders. They welcome birders as they will be involve in the 2010 Sax Zim Bog Winter Bird Festival.

* I'll be posting within a week or so of the launching of the Sax Zim Bog Festival website and all the information you need to participate on this listserv and other locations as well.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota