Subject:Long-eared Owl in Wilkin County
From:Mark Otnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:21:52 -0500

I stopped at the grove at the north end of Manston Marsh in Wilkin County at
about noon today.  There a couple of teenagers were nice enough to drag
their deer hunting stand through a cedar thicket and flush out a long-eared
owl for me.  It was a county bird for me.  There wasn't much else for birds
in the area - a fair number of robins, a few Harris' and white-throated
sparrows, one Merlin, and three northern harriers.

Mark Otnes

Fargo ND