Subject:Northern Hawk Owl, Hawk Ridge, Duluth
From:Debbie Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:41:07 -0500

Hi folks,

For the second time this fall a Northern Hawk Owl has been sighted at/from
the Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve in Duluth.  Today's bird was located at
approximately 5:05pm (CDT) by counter Karl Bardon.  It was flying southwest
along the shoreline of Lake Superior, then changed course and headed toward
the main overlook, then turned again and flew southeast in the direction of
Park Point/Wisconsin Point.

What a WONDERFUL bird to finish the education staff's season with!

Happy HawkOwleen!  (groan)

Debbie Waters

Education Director

Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory

P.O. Box 3006

Duluth, MN 55803-3006

Bringing kids and birds together.  Over 7,000 times in 2008.

 <> Become a MEMBER and support
our educational efforts!

"I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and I have worms."
                                                               - Michael
Scott, The Office