Subject:Re: fall migrants in your backyard
From:Kathryn Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:15:20 -0500

I went to my usual haunts this morning (Minnetonka Blvd and Shady Oak
Rd, and a small park called Orchard Park in Minnetonka) hoping to find
some fall migrants.  I found several Ruby-crowned Kinglets, White-
throated Sparrows and Yellow-rumped Warblers moving thru. I returned
home (in the area of Shady Oak Rd. and Hwy 7 west) and spotted some
movement in the brush and trees.  I was soon rewarded with Golden-
crowned and Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Brown Creeper (1), Red-breasted
Nuthatch(1), Orange-crowned Warbler (1), White-throated Sparrows,
Yellow-rumps, Dark-eyed Juncos,  Robins, and Chimney Swifts overhead
(4).  Some times it pays to just stay home.

Kathryn Young
Minnetonka Blvd.