Subject:Duluth Dove and Jaeger
From:David Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:49:22 -0500

As Don Kienholz wrote, Lars and I came to 40th as he was leaving. We first
saw the dove in flight. It came from the east and flew into the line of
willows along the water's edge on the far western edge of Erie Pier, and
there it sat, hunkered down, maybe to roost?

Earlier, from Wisconsin Point, we saw a jaeger twice. The first was an
unidentified small jaeger heading north along Minnesota Point. The second,
very possibly the same bird, was a Parasitic that also headed north. We have
looked several times during the recent spate of sightings without success.
Today, I might add, was real jaeger weather--strong winds and rain off the

Dave Benson