Subject:Update: White-winged Dove-- Duluth
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:44:05 -0400

Yesterday (Wednesday) at approximately 9:50 AM, Jim Mattsson and I saw the White-winged Dove in Duluth at the 40th Ave W/ Erie Pier area, where it has been seen since Sunday. The bird flushed and flew across the open area there with low weeds, and landed in the willows bordering the harbor waters. We observed the bird for approximately 20 minutes, with crippling scope views, as it preened and generally hung-out. Jim was able to get numerous digiscoped photos, one of which he has added to the "Recently Seen" folder on the MOU website. It was still there when we left the area. While we were studying the bird, Dave Thurston joined us and also enjoyed the bird.

Drew Smith

Eagan, Dakota County