Subject:Carver County-2nd attempt
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Oct 2009 21:42:09 +0000

I don't know what happened with that first message, so I'll try again.

This morning in this early winter weather I was able to find 10 sparrow
species including White-crowned, Harris's, and Lincoln's at Rapids Lake
MVNWR and Carver Park.  Add in an early American Tree Sparrow yesterday
at Chaska Lake to make it 11.   The refuge was filled with hunters so I
only covered the small non-hunting area and a small area open to
hunting.  There was still an Indigo Bunting at the refuge which should
be leaving soon.  It definitely seemed odd to see Orange-crowned and
Palm Warbler pushing aside snow.   I only saw 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler
this morning.   There were quite a few at Chaska Lake yesterday, but I
wouldn't be surprised if they left last night.     Ruby-crowned
Kinglets were still fairly numerous with a few Golden-crowned at Carver
Park.  I could actually see Chaska Lake, but there were no ducks at all
on the lake, only some Pelican, Cormorant and a couple Trumpeter
Swans.    There were some(but not a whole lot) waterfowl around this
morning including(most to least) American Coot, Canada Goose, Hooded
Merganser, Mallard, Wood Duck, American Wigeon, Pied-billed Grebe,
Green-winged Teal, Gadwall, and Lesser Scaup.  Otherwise there were 4
Meadowlarks at Chevalle wetlands yesterday.  Only 1 would spend time
perching in the open while the other 3 mainly stayed on the ground.
For the one that perched I am leaning towards an Eastern.   The other 3
could have been either Eastern or Western.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/