Subject:Albino Merlin ( Late Post)
From:SCOTT M CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:51:57 -0500

On Sunday, October 11, 2009,  my wife and I were traveling to Crex for the day. Approximately 4 miles south of the Rock Creek exit on Interstate 35 we had what appeared to be a pure white bird fly out of a tree and across the road in front of our car ( closest to the bird was about 50 yards ). The "whiteness" of the bird made it easy to follow and based on size, falcon wing shape and especially the flight pattern gave us an immediate conclusion that it was a Merlin. This is obviously an "unofficial" look due to the circumstances, and will not be posted on the MOU list serve as an albino or leucistic find, but I wanted to report this as a probable and an interesting observation.