Subject:Cackling Geese, Snow Goose- L. Hiawatha, Mpls
From:Diana Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:23:47 -0500

This morning just after sunrise there were two Cackling Geese
(verified the stubby nubbin bills with my scope) and one adult dark
Snow Goose on L. Hiawatha in Minneapolis.

They were mixed in with about 300 Canada Geese.

The flock moves between the lake and the adjacent golf course. The
groundskeepers were out firing shots to move the geese off the
fairways and back onto the lake, which made it easy for me to scan the

Diana Doyle
S. Minneapolis