Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:17:57 +0000

The past 2 days there have been great numbers of Golden-crowned Kinglet.   At Chaska Lake MVNWR yesterday I counted 11 and at the Carver Park rec area(only that area) today there were 14.    They were difficult to count, so there were probably a few more than I counted.  Ruby-crowned were outnumbered both days.  There was 1 Orange-crowned Warbler at the rec area today.   Otherwise there was a decent number of Yellow-rumped at Chaska Lake and the rec area.   It seems many sparrows have moved on as I only saw migrant Fox at Chaska Lake and Junco at the rec area.   There were some hanger-on resident(or migrant) sparrows including Song, Swamp, Field, Vesper, and Savannah.   The Vesper and Savannah were at Chevalle wetlands in Chaska.    Surprisingly, yesterday there were even more meadowlark at Chevalle wetlands.   I was able to identify 3 Western and 2 Eastern Meadowlark.   There were 4 more that went unidentified.  This morning I found 3 Eastern, but there could very well have been others around.   A larger push of waterfowl moved in overnight last night to the wetlands mainly Mallard but also including Gadwall, Am. Wigeon, Northern Shoveler, and Green-winged Teal.  There's still a Great Blue Heron at the wetlands.   He was hunkered down in the snow the other day, but I guess that wasn't enough to get him moving south.  I expect I saw my last House Wren of the year and one of the last, if not the last, Marsh Wren at Chaska Lake yesterday.    A high number of around 150 Robin were at Chaska Lake as well.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/