Subject:Common Ravens Flying, 9 species of sparrows at feeder! Anoka County
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:32:46 -0400

Wow what a sparrow day I had at the same time 9 species of sparrow at my feeder it was amazing.  The sparrows were as follows Juncos, Harris's, Song, Chipping, Fox, Lincoln's, White-Throated, and White-Crowned and House Sparrows I will gladly share those with any one as they will top 100 by the time the snow fly's. (only two sparrows missing that have been to my feeder American Tree and Clay Colored)

Also had 4 Common Ravens playing, chasing, vocalizing and just having a good ole time.  The cool thing was they were doing all this over the top of me sometimes coming with in a couple hundred feet of me.  After about 15 minutes of horsing around they all went south toward some large oak and maple where you could still here them.  This I think is the other pair of Common Ravens that nest in Anoka County.  I have only seen two Ravens at my place( 7 in Andover) before so this is a yard high.  I am so curious if 2 of these were offspring or if this is another pair that has moved down from Isanti county.

Sorry one more note, 63 goldfinches, 3 pine Siskin, 2 purple finches, and 15 house finches also enjoyed sunflowers & thistle today.

Good Birding To All!
Nowthen (Anoka County)

Chris Brown