CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2009

From:
Junya HIROI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:22:20 +0900
Hi Andrea,

I actually did 5-color staining on a Zeiss LSM510, with
Alexa 405, Alexa 430, Alexa 488, Alexa 555 and Alexa 647.

http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/content/full/211/16/2584
(Figs 6 and 8 are 5-color staining)

I used Alexa 405 and 430 in the above paper, but later I found that
Pacific Blue is better than Alexa 405, and Pacific Orange is better
than Alexa 430 (brighter and more stable, although not as stable as
other Alexa dyes, such as Alexa 488, 555 and 647).  I did not check
Marina blue yet.

I did not compare Alexa 647 and Alexa 633, but I have heard that Alexa
647 is better than Alexa 633, even if with 633 nm laser.

Best wishes,

Junya

On 11/4/09, at 7:16 , Andrea Hooper wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need some advice in setting up for a very important experiment
> coming up. Has anyone used the fluorophore PerCP CY5.5 with success
> for confocal microscopy? Any experience with autofluorescence in
> this wavelength or whether this fluorophore is a severe bleacher etc.?
>
> I want to do 5 or 6 color on a Zeiss LSM710 and am thinking about
> the following, I would love your feedback.
> 	? Alexa405
> 	? Alexa430
> 	? GFP
> 	? RFP
> 	? Alexa633
> 	? PerCP CY5.5
> Thank you in advance,
> Andrea

Junya HIROI
Department of Anatomy
St. Marianna University School of Medicine
2-16-1 Sugao, Miyamae-ku
Kawasaki 216-8511, JAPAN
phone: +81-44-977-8111 ext.3625
fax: +81-44-976-7083