Subject:Varied Thrush, Snowy Owl, Long-tailed Duck
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:32:25 EST

After viewing the male Varied Thrush at the feeder in Alexandria on Friday
I went to Swift County to look for the Snowy Owl that had been previously
reported.  I did not find the Snowy Owl after a two hour search but  there
were a number of other interesting species in the area as  follows:

Rough-legged Hawk - 1
American Kestrel - male - 1
Snow Bunting - 20
Ring-necked Pheasant - 30 all females except 1
American Tree Sparrow - 50
Northern Shrike - 3
Horned Lark - 2
Red-winged Blackbird - 11

From here I went over to St. Cloud to look for the previously reported
Long-tailed Duck and after a frustrating search and had given up I stopped at
the Holiday Station at the Miss. River bridge in Sartell and there was the
female Long-tailed Duck along the river bank on the Stearns County side of
the  river just below the Holiday Station.

Bob Janssen