Subject:Cooper's Hawk after Red Tailed
From:Claudia Egelhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:53:30 -0600

I watched a Coopers Hawk chase a Red Tailed Hawk from a grove of trees near
Basset's Creek on Friday noontime in our urban neighborhood .

I was walking along the railroad tracks that lead into downtown Minneapolis
and initially scared up the Red Tail from the woods along the creek.  It
landed down the line a bit, near the perched Coopers Hawk which immediately
began sending out alarm calls.  Eventually the Red Tail lifted up again and
the Coopers Hawk immediately chased it, followed by about eleven American
Crows in full cry.

It made a nice addition to my GBBC tally for the afternoon.

--
Claudia Egelhoff
Minneapolis, MN  55405