Subject:Re: Bad News in Sax-Zim Bog
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:29:30 -0600

I can sympathize with farmers and ranchers concerned for livestock,
and with DNR folks who have to deal with the complaints, but I would
think that the deer carcasses might serve to distract wolves from
messing with domestic animals. In any case, the DNR has no say over
what private landowners put out on their own property. Maybe some
private parties would be willing to have replacement feeders,
carcasses included, set up on their own properties.
Linda Whyte