Subject:Northern Shrike: Woodbury/Bald eagle carrying nesting material downtown St. Paul
From:Tom Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:10:57 -0600

I witnessed a northern shrike at 3:45pm on February 11 near the
intersection of Weir Dr. and Tamarack Rd. It was perched in an isolated
tree surveying a field. I viewed a similar bird in the same location two
weeks prior, but this time I got a positive ID on it.

Earlier that morning I witnessed a bald eagle –carrying nesting
material–  flying over the Robert Street bridge in downtown St. Paul.
It appeared to be heading toward Dayton's Bluff.

Tom Klein
St. Paul's West Side