Subject:Long-tailed Duck -- Dakota County
From:Douglas Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:29:06 -0600

This afternoon I found a female Long-tailed Duck near Point Douglas.  The bird was among a large flock of Common Goldeneye on the Minnesota side of the Mississippi River across from Prescott, Wisconsin, a short distance down river from the railroad bridge.  I was not able to find the Harlequin Duck or Barrow's Goldeneye reported earlier.

Douglas Mayo