Subject:Update of Northern Hawk Owl Map
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:30:57 -0800

As of today there are now 83 reported Northern Hawk Owls for northern Minnesota.  The last time I updated the map there were 65 reported owls and Minnesota gained 18 new reports of Hawk Owls since.

In Sax-Zim Bog there are 3 new reports of Hawk Owls

1. Today I saw a Hawk Owl on CR 52 just a few tenths of a mile west of Stickney Rd
2. Last weekend a Northern Hawk Owl was seen a mile south of CR 5 ann CR 52 near Toivola
3. Last weekend a Northern Hawk Owl was seen along CR 47 just south of CR 133.

Jim Lind and others reported numerous Hawk Owls along Highway 61 between Two Harbors and Grand Marais and a few more reports along Hwy 73 south of Baudette, along 310 north of Roseau and just east of Leech Lake on CR 73 and CR 8.  Also there were some new reports along Hwy 53 north of Cotton.

It will be interesting if any Hawk Owls nest in Minnesota this year.

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/