Subject:Another Douglas Varied Thrush-
From:John P. Ellis
Date:Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:29:03 -0600

Went looking in Douglas County today for winter finches-not much luck with
them but I turned up a Male Varied Thrush out in the boonies in NEastern
Douglas. The bird was along the road and flew up and over the road as I
drove by and lit in a young birch tree. I stopped and it flew a 75 yards
into a bunch of White Spruce trees. I drove a hundred yards away and it flew
back to the road in the same place that I first saw it. I watched it for 10
minutes or so and tried to get closer and it flew up into a birch again and
then into the spruce. It was on Willow road, west of Douglas 68 about 3-400
yards west of fire call #15147. Its a boggy low area with grasses, some
cattails, birch, aspen, spruce and lots of buckthorn.
              John Ellis-St. Paul