Subject:snipe @ old cedar ave bridge, hennepin
From:Jonathon Jongsma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:08:30 -0600

This morning (at about 11:30 am) I spotted a lone wilson's snipe
foraging in a thawed muddy patch at Minnesota Valley NWR with a flock of
~30+ Robins.  I was quite surprised to see one this early in the year.
Is it normal for them to be around already in february?  It was just
west of the parking lot at Old Cedar Ave, just slightly past the point
where the path to the observation platform splits off from the main
path.