Spent the last 3 days guiding David Patrick of West Virginia.
2/18 Sax-Zim Bog
- Northern Hawk Owl on CR 7 1.5 miles north of CR 52, north end of power line corridor on CR 7, CR 52 just west of Stickney Rd.
- Boreal Chickadee ( Admiral Rd feeder )
2/19 Lake County / Isabella Area
- Great Gray Owl 3.3 miles south of Hwy 1 on Stoney River Rd. Seen around 9am
- Spruce Grouse (male) .2 miles north of the Whyte Rd on S.R.Rd.
- Bohemian Waxwing 5 miles east of Tofte, MN behind the motel (forgot the name) which is near the Onion River.
- Boreal Chickadees along the Whyte Rd.
- Snowy Owl ( #43v ) at the Peavy Elevators. This owl is always seen at dusk hunting along the road that leads out to Connor's Pt.
2/20 Sax-Zim Bog / WI Landfill
- Black-backed Woodpecker ( female ) along McDavitt Rd on the north end of the bog or 3.0 miles north of CR 28 / Sax Rd.
- Hawk Owl along Admiral Rd about 1 mile north of Kolu Rd. 1 on CR 7 just south of Nichols Lake Rd.
- Goshawk CR 7 in Sax-Zim Bog
WI Landfill: Glaucous Gull, Thayer's Gull and a brief look at a 1st cycle Iceland Gull. We also had 1 2nd cycle Gr. Black-backed Gull and a 1st cycle Gr. Black-backed Gull. We only had one adult Thayer's Gull and I counted 5 1st cycle Glaucous Gulls and 2 2nd cycle Gulls and I saw one adult Glaucous Gull. All together there were about 250-300 gulls at the landfill today.
We also saw all the usual suspects at the feeders and else where in our travels. I posted photos of the Snowy Owl and Goshawk on my blog.
Join or Leave mou-net: http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net