Subject:Northern Saw-whet Owl Hit
From:Nathan Schirmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:10:12 -0500

Tonight my Dad and I got a call that my Mom's car had been hit by a small owl. We went and investigated and it was a Northern Saw-whet Owl which we are assuming was in migration or something. It unfortunately died a short time after we got there. So we brought it back to are house and I took some photos of it. I then put it in the freezer to keep it in good condition. If you know who to contact about the specimen feel free to respond. The photo can be viewed at

Nathan Schirmacher

Mille Lacs County