Subject:Common Grackle in Duluth.
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:51:42 -0500

There is a warming pond by the St. Louis River on the outskirts of the Riverside Community (Duluth), that had a Common Grackle in it today.  From reviewing recent LOON accounts, I know that this is a fairly early date for this species to be found in a northern county.  This pond has been open all winter long and I wonder if the bird overwintered there.  Are there known accounts of common grackles overwintering in St. Louis County?  Feedback would be most appreciated.
Shawn Zierman.