Subject:Gull Frolic Festival photos (northern IL)
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:53:46 -0600

Hello everyone!

This past weekend I went to my first Gull Frolic (Winthrop Harbor, just
north of Chicago, IL). I attended this gull-extravaganza with wonderful
friends Ted Keyel and Jennifer Rothe, and had a superfantastic time. I
learned so much, and Alvaro's presentation & knowledge was excellent.
Attached are my favorite shots of the day

I have 40 photos in this gallery, consisting of Iceland Gulls, Thayer's
Gulls, Herring Gulls, Glaucous Gulls, Ring-billed Gulls and Lesser
Black-backed Gulls, in addition to Redhead, Scaup, and Canada Geese. Enjoy

Here is a Herring Gull that I photographed, and after later looking at the
photos, I was unsure if it fit a typical American Herring Gull. As with all
of photos, comments are welcome.

Here is my overall gull gallery, in case you're interested in seeing my past
photos of gull species for comparison

Good birdwatching,
Erik Bruhnke

Waukesha, WI
NATURALLY AVIAN - Bird photography and guided bird hikes