Subject:Short-eared Owl - Swift County
From:Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:15:02 -0600

I went to Swift County late today to look for the Snowy Owl that Joel
Schmitt and Ron Erpelding found a few weeks ago.  I did not find it.
However, a Short-eared Owl was in that very same area, hunting over the
grassland.

The location is 0.3 miles south of Highway 9 on the west side of CR31, and
the sighting was at 6:20.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud