Subject:2010 Field Trips - Looking for Leaders - Three Trips Currently Scheduled
From:Pastor Al Schirmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:44:34 -0600

I have been asked to coordinate MOU's 2010 field trips.  Please allow me to invite both experienced and new field trip guides to sign up to lead a trip this year.

Ideally we'd like to have trips scheduled throughout different quadrants of the state, at different times of the year.

Saturdays and Sundays tend to be the best days for trips; they can run from two hours to all day.  Trips are free to attendees (although gas expenses for the leader are always appreciated).

At this point I will be personally leading three trips this year:

* Sherburne Refuge & Beyond, Saturday May 15th, beginning at 7:00 AM.  This tends to be an excellent warbler/passerine migration trip, we've broken 100 species a number of years; we also tend to head up to Mille Lacs Lake & Kathio State Park in the afternoon.  Reservations currently being accepted.  Nathan Schirmacher is co-leader.

* Aitkin County Birding, Saturday, June 19th, beginning at 7:30 AM.  Warblers, passerines and boreal nesters; Connecticut Warblers, Yellow-bellied Flycatchers and Boreal Chickadees last year; meeting at Rice Lake Refuge to park and ride.  Reservations currently being accepted.  Nathan Schirmacher is co-leader (his last trip before moving to Illinois for college), will also be happy to have Aitkin County expertise to help lead!

* Mille Lacs Lake, Saturday, October 16th at 7:30 AM.  Loons, loons and more loons.  Did I say loons?

As always, MOU also recommends Kim Eckert's Minnesota Birding Weeks and Weekends for their modestly priced trips.  Details are currently available at www.moumn.org/mbw.pdf.

Contact me with your interest.  Thanks!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN