Subject:snowy owl, swift county
From:J. Schmidt
Date:Sat, 6 Feb 2010 05:18:15 -0800

At 5:45 p.m. on Friday evening, Ron Erpelding and I found a Snowy Owl in Swift County.  The bird was teed-up on a post in a grassland on the west side of County Road 31, about 0.3 mile south of the intersection with MN highway 9.  We had been in the area searching for the Short-eared Owl that Denny Martin had previously reported, (we didn't find it).  The snowy owl was about 200 yards in from CO RD 31.  On a personal note, what a great bird to see for my 200th bird in Swift County.

Joel Schmidt