Subject:Hawk Owl northern St Louis County
From:Dee Kuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Feb 2010 08:47:16 -0600

Yesterday, I saw a Hawk Owl on Hwy 53 south of Orr at mm102.

The power company is replacing power poles along the side of the highway.
The new power poles are taller. The Hawk Owl was very appreciative of this
as it was sitting atop a newly placed power pole while heavy equipment and 5
men were working directly below. The bird was not fazed by the activity.

I think this may be the same bird that I saw here on January 8th.

Dee Kuder

Crane Lake, MN