Subject:Re: Fw: mou-net has moved
From:Bill Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:34:02 -0600

I don't think anyone has to be moved anywhere or has been moved
recently.

I suspect that anyone who was a part of this list before the move to
the University of Minnesota listserv system from the old list site was
included long ago. I, for example, have followed this list less than a
year, and registered through the Univ. of MN listserv site, and so
have only one address to which I would send posts to mou-net.

Those who have participated from before the move might occasionally
use the old address to which list participants sent their posts; the
messages requesting folks to use the current address are likely
automated, triggered by those posting to the old address. The only
thing folks on the list have to do to stop these messages is to remove
the old address from their address books so as to avoid using it and
triggering these threads. The messages will eventually stop as we lose
a generation of participants or if the U's listserv administrator
changes the server software settings.

So, if you sent a post recently and it was not distributed to the
list, check the address that you used, and change it if it is
different from the new address, mou-net@lists.umn.edu. If you're
already using this address and receiving posts from the listserv, you
don't have to do anything or request anything from who ever might
respond to this sort of thing besides ignoramuses like me :)

If you know someone who has posted before the move and noticed that
you see no posts from them (assuming posts to the old address are no
longer forwarded to the new address), get them to start posting to the
new address, as it'd be a shame to miss their observations.

Just my guess,

Bill Kahn
Minneapolis