Subject:7 owls Sax-Zim
From:sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Feb 2010 03:49:23 +0000

Sunday

2:30-5:30 pm

Out with a great group of 15 adults and kids from southern Iowa.

Just had time today for a late afternoon foray up to the bog.

Highlights:

1 Saw-whet Owl --perched 100 feet into the woods along west side McDavitt (4 miles N. of Sax Rd...Or 0.2miles south of new logging cut on West side. We put a large "arrow" of sticks on the shoulder...Follow our tracks into woods. Of course, this cutie will likely be long gone by morning) Found by a participant checking on scolding chickadees

6 Northern Hawk Owls...On CR7 (3), Sax Rd (1), Stone Lake Road (2)
2 Black-billed Magpies...On McDavitt about 1 mile N of Sax Rd

3 Boreal Chickadees...Admiral Road Feeder

2 male Black-backed Woodpeckers...McDavitt 3.7 to 4 mi N of Sax Rd

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797
218.341.3350 cell