Subject:Scott County - Wilkie Unit MVNWR - 2/9/2010
From:CRAIG MANDEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:47:14 -0600

2/9/2010

I had a chance to hike part of the Wilkie Unit this afternoon.  Overall the birding was pretty quite.  But there are still a lot of ducks at the Water treatment plant and on Blue Lake, which is opening up quit nicely.  Here are a few of the species I observed.

Trumpeter Swan - 28 observed on Blue Lake
Gadwall
American Black Duck
Ring-necked Duck
Common Goldeneye
Franklin's Gull - A single bird was on the pond at the Blue Lake Water treatment plant.
American Robin

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan@msn.com<mailto:EgretCMan@msn.com>
Minnetonka, Hennepin County