Subject:Re: Northern Hawk Owl, Grand Marais, Cook County
From:Jeremy Ridlbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:21:21 -0600

 Steve -

Not sure I'm qualified (if any of us are) to answer those questions.  My aim
was to let everyone know it was more consistently available than other owls
I've seen or posted.  Sax-Zim has consistent owls, maybe other places, Cook
County typically does not.....

Anyway, it seems like some birds have time-shift or dimensional hopping
capabilities, it still is amazing the lengths some birds migrate just for
breeding.  They can make the trip to summer breeding grounds, breed, and
return to wintering grounds in one whole year.  You must wonder.....

Jeremy