Subject:Eden Prairie Birds
From:Don Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:35:12 -0500

An additional 50 AMERICAN PELICANS have joined the steady eight or so pelicans that have been at Eden Prairie's  Purgatory Park Recreation Area pond (EP POND, lets call it) for the last couple of weeks.  Also seen this morning were a pair of REDHEADS, several GADWALL, NORTHERN SHOVELERS, some 50 RUDDY DUCKS, and several LESSER SCAUP.
Other water species I've seen at the EP Pond over the last couple of weeks:
Bonaparte's Gulls (4/6 and 4/10)
Canvasback Duck (pair on 4/10)
Blue-winged Teal
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Ducks
Pied-billed Grebe
Bufflehead
Hooded Mergs
Common Mergs
The Mitchell Lake OSPREY (2) have been back on their platform (strategically mounted nest to the county weather siren) for about a week now -- that I know of.
Eden Prairie is in southwest Hennepin County.
Don Darnell